Pages

November 2, 2015

LEWIS & CARROLL TEA



Have you ever heard a saying about "A cup of tea is a cup of peace"?
And yes indeed that it's so true! My first experience spending time in a tea place, where you can try every kind of authentic tea blend, with a really great ambiance and good hospitality.






At Lewis & Carroll, they craft every blend of tea into 12 kind of categories. It's Black, Black Blend, White, White Blend, Herbal, Green, Green Blend, Oolong, Oolong Blend, Spice, Fruits, and Flowers.

One thing that I like about their tea, is that they use really high quality tea leaves. And it affect the taste which is really light and peaceful.



The procedure to order the tea here is really fun and unique. Once you sit at your table, the waiter will bring you a lot of tea samples that they sell. Each bottle for each blend. And you will smell each one of them until you found the one that you like! Well actually, I don't got a chance to smell all of it, but once I smell one that I like, I chose it. Which is 30604 Golden Genmaicha, the signature tea. They have 3 kind of tea; signature (IDR 35K) - heritage (IDR 50K) - legacy (IDR 70K). One kind that I really want to try is the 10101 Pu'erh Paravel, the legacy tea. Pu'erh is a fermented dark tea produced in Yunnan province, China. The fermentation itself almost took 17 years, no wonder it's a legacy!






While I'm waiting for my order to come, I walk and look around the place. Then I found out that they also sell the tea set that they use for the customer. It's so colourful I fall in love since the first time I saw it. The tea set cost for IDR 320K - a teapot & 2 cups.





I also went to see how they make the tea. They use high technique steampunk tea press machine, and that's uber-cool! I believe that the people behind this Lewis & Carroll surely understand tea a lot! The name Lewis & Carroll itself came from the author of Alice In The Wonderland story. I bet now I can imagine having my tea time like in the story.





Finally my order's arrive! I bought the Golden Genmaicha, Royal Breakfast & Cheese Cake. If you realized something, the teapot colour is the same as the category colours at the menu.The cheese cake is incredible! So soft and not too sweet, it's just right!  The tea itself surprisingly enough for one person, in fact, a little more than I expected.

P.S. In here you couldn't refill the tea, except if you buy the legacy teas.






Well, to be honest, I really had so much fun in this place. To sum up in one word, this place is incredible! Big place, including indoor & outdoor space, nice ambiance, great hospitality, amazing food and drinks, etc. I even promise myself that I will come back here to try the other kind of tea and food for sure! Thank you for making my day, Lewis & Carroll!



Lewis & Carroll's Location:
 

Photos by Monica Lauricia (@monicalauricia) & Shendy Subroto (@shendysubroto

*No part of this publication or series of photos may be reproduced, distributed, sold or used in any form or by any means, without permission from the author. For permission requests, email to the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment